In Minieval, your goal is to earn as many victory points (VP) as you can in a limited number of turns. You can earn VP by placing buildings, but buildings cost gold (GP) to build. You can see your current GP and VP on the top left.
The GP and VP you earn from a building are affected by the buildings next to it. For example, placing a house next to a shop will earn you more GP, but placing 2 shops next to each other will cost you more GP due to competition.
Roads can be used to connect buildings that are otherwise out of range. Any buildings connected by a road will interact with ALL buildings on that same road network. These interactions will only affect the GP you gain from the building, and NOT the VP.
Buildings can't be destroyed, but you can always undo your last move.
- Left-click: place a building, select building from palette
- WASD/arrows: pan
- Scroll/QE: zoom
- Z/U: undo
- Y/R: redo
- 0-9: select building from palette
- Escape: menu
- Aaron Friesen: Team Lead, Programming, UI Design, Art, Title Screen Music, Balancing
- Kalen Wallin: UI Design, Programming
- Evan Mielak: Sound Effects, Programming, Balancing
- Viet Ninh: UI Design, Programming
- Jackson Herman: In-Game Music, Balancing
- Ethan Fox: Balancing
- Title Screen Music: MuseScore General SoundFont by S. Christian Collins, licensed under the MIT License
- In-Game Music: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra by Mattias Westlund, licensed under the Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License (using the VST plugin by bigcat Instruments)
- The source code is available under the GNU Affero General Public License v3.
- The assets (art, music, and sound effects) are available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA 4.0).
The content of this page was adapted from Aaron Friesen’s website page on Minieval under CC BY-SA 4.0.
We created the game in Godot which is a game engine that uses their own scripting language called GDScript. I exported the project in HTML5 then pushed this code to a GitHub Repository. Lastly, I connected this GitHub repo with Cloudflare Pages to allow players to play in the browser.